Are you Ready to Buy your Next North Shore Chicago Home?
I am looking forward to helping you.
With the right help, purchasing a North Shore Chicago Suburban home should be a rewarding experience.
Being a North Shore Chicago home buyer should be a rewarding and enjoyable experience. I will help you assess the many housing options available to you and then pinpoint your specific needs and wants.
Location – Which locations will suit your lifestyle and housing goals vs. your budget.
Houses: Which properties will fit your tolerance for projects, upgrades and renovations.
Growth: How do you plan to live in the home? Finding a home that can adapt with you as time goes on may be a factor – I can help you locate homes that can be renovated over time to change and grow with you and your family.
Contracts and Negotiations: I will help you fully understand the entire process of purchasing a home.
Buying a home can and should be a fun and easy process.
Negotiations should be goal orientated – your goals are always top of mind and drive each and every negotiation. I fully understand that buying a home can be stressful, but my job is to get you the home you want to buy under terms you agree to with the least amount of drama and stress possible.
I want to make buying a home an enjoyable and even fun experience that will reward you for many years to come.
Read my testimonials , I am absolutely dedicated to my clients and I will do everything possible to make your housing dreams come true.
Take your First Steps Now
Contact me for a Free Consultation.
Print and Fill out the: Home Buyer Questionaire – What do you want in your next home. Please have each person who will be living in the home fill this out independently (this is not a group project) . Not just adults, kids too, if able.
It is important for each person in home to have their thoughts, wants and wishes known. Rarely does everyone get everything they want, but this information will streamline, inform and help in the property search, and minimize potential problems.
It is important for me to know what you all are wanting so I can find the place that is right for everyone, and get any issues or possible areas of conflict addressed and resolved.
Costs and Budgeting
When purchasing a home there are additional cost beside the selling price of the home. Closing costs, fees, taxes etc do add to the bottom line.
This document will provide an estimate of closing costs – click to access and download. This document will provide an estimate of closing costs and also detail who pays for what (buyer or seller pays)
Some towns and villages also require a transfer tax or transfer stamps to be purchased and provided at closing. These costs and who pays these fees vary by area. Here is a list of fees charged according to town / area which is provided as a guide and may not be fully updated. Please contact your city hall directly to make sure you know the current costs for transfer fees / taxes.
If you plan on applying for a mortgage, having your docs organized and ready to send out to mortgage brokers can save you time. Most lenders will have an online portal to upload documents into. If you plan on applying to more than one lender organizing and keeping a copy of your documents that is secure but also easy to share and access is very important.
If you in need of a mortgage banker or real estate attorney, you will find highly qualified and recommended professionals here.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Check Your Credit – Your credit is crucial when applying for a loan; the better your score, the lower your interest rates will be. Be sure to check all three major credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion as the information in each report may vary slightly. Make sure you make copies of your credit report as well, and check your score well in advance of applying for loans.
- Find a Lender – Most people need to take out a loan when buying a home, and you’ll want to be prepared to make an offer when you find that perfect home. It’s important to be sure that you’re approved for a loan before you start looking at homes so you don’t miss out on any opportunities. If you need help finding a lender, We can recommend trusted lenders near you.
- Price Range – Calculate what’s realistic for you before considering different areas to live in to be sure things stay within your budget. Once you know your range, We can help you make the most out of your money.
- Research – Finding the right home can be time consuming, but it’s important to consider everything before you decide. What’s the commute like to work? If you have kids, what are the schools like in the area? How many bed and bathrooms will you need? Do you prefer a newer or older styled home? All are important factors to take into account during the home finding process. We are dedicated to helping you through the entire home buying process. Once we find that perfect home, We will prepare a written offer. With my experience in the market, We can help you arrive at an offer that both fits your budget and has the best chance of being accepted.
- Once Your Offer is Accepted – After your offer is accepted, you’ll have a grace period to have the house professionally inspected and request repairs or counter offer if the situation arises. Once this step is complete, we will verify the terms and conditions of your loan, and assist you in signing your papers. I’m here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process.
- Moving Time! – Now that you’ve found your perfect home it’s time to make moving arrangements. If you plan on utilizing a professional moving company, We can recommend reputable, local movers. Don’t forget to fill out your change of address forms and inform the utility company of your move!
[showcaseidx_hotsheet name=”buyer page”]